Links to Caltech Teaching and Learning Resources
Please explore CTLO's on-demand resources on teaching in the following areas:
- Planning and Teaching Courses
- Teaching for Inclusion and Diversity
- Books and Articles
- Caltech Teaching Awards
The offices below also support teaching and learning through services and resources for students and faculty:
- Academic Media Technologies: audio visual services and digital media solutions, strategies, and recommendations.
- Center for Diversity: leadership, outreach, policy and programming support for the campus-wide diversity initiatives associated with faculty, postdoctoral scholars, students and staff.
- Counseling Center: free for all students, regardless of insurance plan.
- Dean's Office, Undergraduates:
- Honor Code: information on policies and practices for undergraduates.
- Peer Tutoring Program: for students to find peer tutors on campus (a free service).
- Disability Services: policies, procedures, and contacts related to disability services, including accommodations and accessibility in courses.
- Graduate Office:
- Graduate Teaching Assistants: official institute policies for TAs.
- Honor Code: information on policies and practices for graduate students.
- Hixon Writing Center: writing specialists and peer tutors for students; consultation and resources for faculty on writing-related topics in teaching and academic integrity.
- Caltech Library Resources for Faculty: course reserves, institutional repository, interlibrary loan, scholarly communication, classroom instruction, and more.
- Subject Librarians: offer assistance at at any point in the teaching and research cycles. There is a subject librarian for each Division.
- Registrar's Office: course catalog, schedules, grade reporting, FERPA (student privacy), advising, and more.
- Take a Professor to Lunch:
- Title IX Office: support and resources related to the prevention of all forms of discrimination, including discrimination on the basis of sex.