IC2 PROJECT: 2018-19 ACADEMIC YEAR
During the second year of the Inclusive Caltech Core project, 2018-19, key activities will include:
- Kick-off Retreat: Wednesday, September 12, 2018
- Part 1: 12:00 - 1:00 pm, Caltech Student Data and Insights on Teaching (Lunch Discussion) - Slides and discussion notes (Caltech network access or login required)
- Part 2: 1:05 - 3:30 pm, Syllabus Workshop - Updated Caltech syllabus template
- Fall discussion: Friday, November 9, 2018, 12:00 - 1:00 pm.
More information and RSVP
- Discuss trends and insights from fall 2018 mid-quarter feedback surveys
- Share examples of how faculty are redesigning assignments, syllabi, and teaching methods
- Share examples of how TAs are approaching recitations, office hours, and course organization
- Winter workshop: Monday, January 14, 2019, 12:00 - 1:00 pm
- How Learning Works: Creating Inclusive Environments in STEM (and Everywhere), by Michele DiPietro.
More information and RSVP. (Also part of TeachWeek 2019).
- Mid-quarter feedback surveys for main Core science and math classes: Fall, winter, and spring quarters
- Fall/winter/spring gatherings: guest speakers and discussion of recent student feedback
We will be adding subpages with more information here. Some of these are restricted to on-camous or Caltech ACCESS login. Questions? please email Cassandra Horii, email@example.com
Inclusive Caltech Core project leadership and implementation team, 2018-19:
Sarah Reisman, Chemistry EO
Kevin Gilmartin, Undergraduate Dean
Mitchio Okumura, Core Steering Committee Chair
Cassandra Horii and Jenn Weaver, CTLO
Hanna Song, CCD
Lesley Nye, Dean’s Office